June 10, 2017
How We Met: Paul and I (Brittany) were paired together for a group project for a leadership program at the University of Georgia, and I had a crush on him almost immediately. Paul made a bold move for our first date by driving me to his hometown of Greenville, South Carolina, to have dinner at his family’s steakhouse.
The Proposal: Three and a half years later, Paul orchestrated the most perfect proposal where we met on UGA’s campus, and our closest friends and family were there to celebrate, including our professor from that first group project. Paul chose the prettiest spot on North Campus, the fountain on Herty Field, but on the day of the proposal, the fountain had been turned off. Although we did not get our ideal proposal backdrop, I (of course) said yes, and we now have a funny story to tell.
Her Favorite Moment: During the wedding ceremony homily, Pastor Wade Griffith asked Paul and me to turn around and see everyone who was there to support us, pray for us and celebrate with us on our wedding day and for the years to come. It was truly humbling and encouraging to see hundreds of our closest friends and family from all stages of our lives there to cheer us on.
His Favorite Moments: Without a doubt, my (Paul’s) favorite moment was when I saw Brittany for our “first look.” I could not believe someone so beautiful had chosen to spend forever with me. At the reception, my favorite moment was when Brittany and I “called the dawgs” immediately after the band played “Sweet Home Alabama.” We couldn’t let anyone forget our allegiance to the dawgs and UGA!
Favorite Details: Our wedding guests are still talking about our band, who kept the dance floor packed all night and never stopped for a break.
- Venues: Bluff Park United Methodist Church, Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa
- Wedding Planner: Anita Kanellis, A.K. Brides
- Florist: HotHouse Design Studio
- Caterer: Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa
- Cake: Sweet Magnolia’s Cakes
- Groom’s Dessert: The Heavenly Donut Co.
- Videographer: Hampton Road Studios
- Invitations: Annabelle’s Birmingham
- Calligraphy: Carol Faust
- Wedding Dress: The White Magnolia Bridal Collection
- Veil: The White Room
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair and Makeup: Rawwbeauty Studio
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr Burch Formal Wear
- Reception Music: Big Swing & The Ballroom Blasters via East Coast Entertainment
- Harpist: Marsha Gunter
- Ceremony Music: Hunter Goff
- Trolley: Rare Transportation
- Getaway Car: Coats Classic
- Wedding Programs, Koozies, Napkins, Guest Box Design: Weezie B Designs
- Out-of-Town Guest Box Goodies: Weezie’s Candy Emporium
- Event Rentals: Event Rentals Unlimited Birmingham
- Lighting Design: Design Productions LLC
- Furniture/Accessory Rental: PropHouse Birmingham