March 17, 2018
How You Met: Andrew and I first met in high school. We both went to Vestavia, and although he was a year older than me, I always had the biggest crush on him. After high school we both went our separate ways, and then in 2014 we reconnected on Facebook and have been together ever since.
The Proposal: Andrew proposed on the bridge at McCallum Park in Vestavia. We had planned to take our dogs Moose and Mia to the park that morning to explore, so it was a complete surprise when he got down on one knee!
The Wedding Dress: We incorporated the lace from my mother’s wedding dress worn 30 years ago with the Ella Grace Build-A-Bride dress from Heidi Elnora to create my dream heirloom gown.
Favorite Moment: Riding the trolley from our ceremony to the reception. We were with our closest friends and family dancing and singing at the top of our lungs.
Favorite Details: A lot of our wedding details had sentimental value to us, from the heirloom ring and cuff links that Andrew wore that were his grandfather’s to my grandfather’s handkerchief that was wrapped around my bouquet and the ring I wore that belonged to my grandmother. I also had my florist put one single pink rose into my bouquet and every bridesmaid’s bouquet in memory of my pledge sister, Caitlyn, who I had always planned to have in my wedding party. Another one of our most favorite details was having our dogs, Moose and Mia, on our koozies and on “Fat Head” of their faces that our bridal party carried around that day. Moose and Mia show up in the background of a number of our photos, and we can’t help but laugh when we see them.
- Venues: Vestavia Hills United Methodist Church, The Barn at Shady Lane
- Wedding Planner: Rachael Grammer, 2 Hearts Weddings and Events
- Florist: FlowerArt Designs
- Caterer: Sela’s, Imperial Catering
- Cakes: Magic Muffin
- Videographer: Four 10 Films
- Invitations: Fine Paperwork
- Wedding Dress: Heidi Elnora Build-A-Bride
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Angel Hammrick
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr. Burch Formal Wear
- Music: The Fountain City Players – Music Garden
- Transportation: Rare Transportation
- Furniture: PropHouse
- Lighting and Drape Rentals: Top Notch Events & Rentals