March 30, 2019
The Proposal: Alex proposed on June 2, 2018. We just returned from his step brother’s wedding in New York, and I (Caroline) definitely did not see it coming that weekend! He asked me to marry him that morning over coffee and then surprised me with celebrations throughout the day with family and friends. June 2 also happens to be my dad’s birthday, and he selflessly shared his day with us, which made it even more special.
Favorite Moment: My favorite moment was seeing Alex for the first time. We did a first look, and we really enjoyed having that time together to talk about how our day had been so far and to share in our excitement for the ceremony and reception. Alex’s favorite moment was when the ceremony concluded—walking down the aisle and receiving the wedding party in front of the church before hopping on the bus and heading to our reception. It was so joyful!
Favorite Details: We have so many details that meant the world to us! Our first dance song was by Anderson East, who was also the first artist we saw in concert together. Our wedding paper was designed by Alex’s sister, and it meant so much to us to have her create unique details for us that we can cherish forever. I borrowed my sister’s veil, and I wore a beautiful bracelet from my mom that my dad gave her for an anniversary. Their marriage is an amazing example to us, so it was really special to have a little symbol of their love to wear on our big day.
What We Are Doing Now: Alex and I live and work in downtown Birmingham and love it! I am a nurse at UAB Hospital and Alex works for BBVA.
- Ceremony Venue: Independent Presbyterian Church
- Reception Venue: Sloss Furnaces
- Wedding Planner: Jayna Goedecke Events LLC
- Florist: FlowerArt Designs LLC
- Caterer: Magic Muffins
- Cakes: Magic Muffins
- Invitations: Adriene Simon
- Wedding Dress: Carriage House
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaid
- Hair & Makeup: Hair and Makeup by Caroline Overmyer
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr Burch Formal Wear
- Music: Heart to Heart, Music Garden
- Transportation: Rare Transportation and Coats Classic Cars
- Lighting and Draping: Chris Amerson