August 4, 2018
How We Met: Ryan and I (Kirsten) went to the same high school and had mutual friends, yet we actually met when we started our freshman year at Auburn University. A mutual friend introduced me to Ryan one night out with friends. We spent the whole night chatting and joking around with each other. We exchanged numbers and started texting. A few weeks later Ryan asked if I would be his date to the first football game and eventually asked me to be his girlfriend.
The Proposal: After completing my first semester of physical therapy school, Ryan took me on a date to Gianmarco’s to celebrate. On the way back from dinner he pulled off at Sibyl Temple, where he handed me a note and a rose and told me to meet him at the top. Once I got to the top, Ryan got down on one knee and proposed. Afterward he surprised me with an engagement party with our friends and family!
Favorite Details: During the ceremony my brother played “Be Thou My Vision” on the piano as we walked up to the altar. At the reception the chef used my grandmother’s recipe to make Swedish meatballs, a dish that our family enjoys on special occasions and holiday meals. The band at the reception, Park Band, was always one of our favorites when they played at Auburn.
What You Are Doing Now: We are currently living in Raleigh, North Carolina. Ryan is CPA, and I am completing clinical rotations for physical therapy school.
- Venues: Canterbury United Methodist Church and Park Crest Event Facility
- Wedding Planner: Courtney Wolf, Invision Events
- Florist: Lisa Bailey
- Caterer: Darryl Borden
- Cakes: Magic Muffins
- Videographer: Love Be Photography
- Invitations: Empress Stationary
- Wedding Dress: Carriage House
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Emily Summerville & Jessica Tinsley
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr. Burch Formal Wear
- Music: Park Band
- Trolley: Rare Transportation
- Getaway Car: Coats Classic Cars
- Napkins and Cups: Weezie B Designs
- Koozies: About Me Gifts