December 31, 2017
How You Met: It sounds super cliché but I (Amanda) can still remember the first time I saw Christopher at orientation before I started at his high school as a 10th grader in 2003. We became friends, and he actually helped me pass my lifeguard certification. Later Christopher took a job as the HR coordinator at Noland Health at their St. Vincent’s East location where I had several accounts that I called on there for my job at the time— which yes, you guessed it, put us back in touch again!
We mark our “first date” as Snowmageddon in 2014. I was stranded trying to get home for 10+ hours, and he was able to pick me up and get me back to his house. I remember thinking how nice it was to have someone who was so dependable and determined to get to me. Fast forward a couple of months later: our family went through an extremely tragic period where we truly feared that my little sister might pass away, and since she has spinabifida, her being in this condition was even more dangerous. Remember that dependable and determined Christopher from Snowmageddon? He did not leave my side. He did not leave my family’s side. He barely left the hospital. We were there for almost two months with my sister, and that time was when I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, and that my sister was going to be right next to be when I married him — and she sure was!
Favorite Details: I had handkerchiefs handmade for my parents and Christopher’s parents, each with a personalized message on them from me. We also had sʼmores favor boxes—handmade with A LOT of love by Tim, Vyckie and Jennifer Head. You can’t have a New Year’s Eve party without glow bracelets, glow necklaces, glow rings, light-up sunglasses and light-up tambourines!
- Venues: Vestavia Country Club, The Redmont
- Wedding Planner: Joy Hullett
- Florist: Linda Bearden, Flowers from the Heart
- Caterer: Vestavia Country Club
- Cakes: Rickey Jʼs Bakery
- Videographer: Down In Front Productions
- Invitations: Fine Paperwork
- Wedding Dress: Heidi Elnora Atelier
- Hair & Makeup: ColorSplash, Salon 2000
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Jos. A Bank
- Ceremony Music: Amanda Hudson, Keyton Carr
- Reception Music: Ty Reynolds Band
- Group Transportation: RARE Transportation Vintage Trolley
- Getaway Car: Coats Classic Cars Jaguar
- Lighting & Staging: AG Lighting
- Chiavari Chairs: Petal Pushers