September 30, 2017
The Proposal: Chris put together a scavenger hunt, complete with riddles for each place. We visited five different places, each of which was significant to our relationship. After dinner, we went to set off fireworks, which has always been something that we have traditionally done together. While we were setting off the fireworks, Chris got down on one knee and popped the question. Obviously, I (Emily) said YES and things haven’t slowed down since!
Favorite Details: The red and gold was chosen with inspiration from my Chinese heritage, and the combination really popped when pink (my favorite color) was added to the mix. We even extended the red and gold to the stationery where we had red envelopes with gold calligraphy, and the invitations themselves were red with a gold pressed seal. We also wanted to incorporate the Double Happiness symbol, red silk fans for guests during the ceremony out on the golf course, and red Chinese lanterns in the entry hall to help welcome guests to the reception.
A carpet of rose petals down the aisle led to the wedding arbor. The view from the country club of the mountains was beautiful, and it was amazing to have that as our backdrop when exchanging vows while framed by the beautiful arbor.
The flowers turned out amazing with a commanding head table that simply drew the eye, beautiful florals around the base of the hanging cake, and even lotus blossoms with floating candles at some of the guest tables. I had envisioned a hanging cake from my first meeting with Becky of Becky’s Brides, and it turned out more beautiful than I had imagined. We left in a timeless 1956 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud, and to help celebrate our exit, our guests lined along our path with sparklers.
- Venue: Vestavia Country Club
- Wedding Planner: Becky Baker, Becky’s Brides
- Florist: Jessica Morris, HotHouse Design Studio
- Cake: Magic Muffins
- Videographer: 65 South Productions
- Invitations: Empress Stationary
- Calligraphy: Deb Warnat
- Wedding Dress: Diane’s Formal Affair
Bridesmaid Dresses: David’s Bridal
- Hair and Makeup: Rawwbeauty
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr Burch Formal Wear
- Music: WellDunn Entertainment
- Transportation: Coats Classic Cars
- Alterations: Hollow to Hem
- Getting Ready Location: Ross Bridge Gold Resort & Spa
- Cake Hanging: Design Productions
- Props: PropHouse Birmingham
- Rentals: Décor to Adore