August 18, 2018
How We Met: My freshman year of high school in 2009, Peter and I (Callie) were in the same Spanish class, and Peter quickly became my tutor when he saw me struggling with the material. Then the roles reversed and he was soon “forgetting how to do the homework assignments” in an effort to hang out more. We hit it off pretty quickly, and here we are almost 10 years later!
The Proposal: Peter had planned a 10-day trip for us throughout Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Austria before I started PA school, and I truly had no idea he was planning to propose overseas. A few days into the trip, Peter insisted on taking a private walking tour through Prague, so we spent two hours exploring the beautiful city with our sweet tour guide, Lenka. Our last stop of the tour was the Vrtba Gardens, which offers an incredible view of all of Prague from the very top of the gardens. Lenka asked if we wanted a picture together with this view in the background, and as we’re posing for the picture, Peter tells me, “I love you a lot.” And I was just like, “Yes I love you too, smile for the picture.” And then he turned towards me, got down on one knee and said, “No, a lot.” Then he asked me to marry him, and I was absolutely speechless!
Favorite Moment: Seeing Peter for the first time that day. He radiated so much pure love, joy and excitement that it nearly took my breath away!
- Venues: St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, The Florentine
- Wedding Planner: Courtney Bell, La Belle Vie
- Florist: Lillie Jane
- Caterer: Corretti Catering
- Cakes: Magic Muffins
- Invitations: Annabelle’s
- Wedding Dress: The White Room
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Hair and Makeup by Danielle Ivy
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr. Burch Formal Wear
- Music: Ascension
- Transportation: Rare Transportation and Coat’s Classic Cars
- Live Painting: Jordan Marx
- Calligraphy: Kate King