May 19, 2018
How We Met: James and I (Haley) met our first week of college at Auburn University through mutual friends. Our friendship continued to grow as we were studying at the library, going to church, hanging out with our group of friends, and playing intramural sports together.
The Proposal: James proposed on our graduation day from Auburn University. James and I, both being accounting majors, got to graduate side-by-side, which I thought would be the highlight of the day. However, after eating lunch with both our families, James told me that we were going to take graduation pictures at Jordan-Hare Stadium. I thought nothing unusual about this and was so excited that he was actually volunteering to take pictures. As we started walking into the stadium, James stopped and walked me over to a Bible engraved with “Haley Evans Haigh” and a ring box. I immediately realized what was happening and couldn’t contain my excitement!
Favorite Moment: Our favorite moment of the wedding day was definitely getting to see each other for the first time. We had written each other letters the day before, and we read them aloud to one another as we stood back-to-back before the big reveal. This was such a sweet calming time with just the two of us to let the reality of the day sink in. We then proceeded to wash each other’s feet to remind us that marriage is truly about serving each other.
Favorite Details: For our first dance, we chose the song “L.O.V.E.” by Nat Cole King, played in the movie The Parent Trap. This song is meaningful to us as a couple because on our first date we watched this movie and sang along to “L.O.V.E.”
- Venues: First Presbyterian Church of Opelika, The Bottling Plant Event Center
- Wedding Planner: Make It Perfect Wedding and Event Planning
- Florist: The New Blossom Shop
- Caterer: The Bottling Plant Event Center Catering
- Cakes: Sonshine Wedding Cakes
- Videographer: Jeff Bush Videography
- Wedding Dress: Bella’s Bridal and Formal
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair: Heather Baker
- Makeup: Kosmo with Kori
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Jos. A. Banks Clothiers
- Music: EastCoast Entertainment- MVP Band