June 15, 2019
How We Met: Payne and I (Mary Coleman) met our freshman year of college at Auburn University. We had lots of mutual friends, and he asked me to his fraternity date party, Old South, which felt like a big deal at the time. And we’ve been together ever since!
Favorite Moments: Taking sunset pictures after our ceremony. Once we got to the reception, we did our first dances and then went back outside to take a few more pictures with the beautiful sunset in the background. Our amazing photographer Hannah captured such a special memory for us during these few photos. We got to smile, laugh and reflect on our first moments as husband and wife. Another one of my favorite parts of our wedding day, and the weekend as a whole, was getting to spend quality time with all of my family and my best friends. Most of my bridesmaids live out of town, so it was so much fun getting to spend the weekend with them and have them stand alongside me as I married my best friend!
The Dress: My mom, sister, aunt and future mother-in-law went with me to look. I knew that I wanted a very simple and classic dress, and Ivory & White in Crestline Village had exactly what I was looking for.
Favorite Details: One of my bridesmaids sang “What a Beautiful Name,” while Payne and I did communion during our ceremony. It was so beautiful and such a special memory that we will remember forever!
What We Are Doing Now: We are loving married life! Our schedules are very different, with Payne being in dental school and me working night shift as a neonatal nurse. But it makes us cherish the time we do get to spend together and makes it that much more special.
- Ceremony Venue: Church of the Highlands
- Reception Venue: Old Overton Club
- Wedding Planner: Mary & Ellie Rembert
- Florist: Jerri Minor
- Caterer: Old Overton Club
- Bride’s Cake: Pen & Pastry
- Groom’s Cookies: Cookie Fix
- Videographer: HI Productions
- Invitations: Cotton & Pine, Montgomery, Alabama
- Wedding Dress: Ivory & White
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: GLOW and Carter & Morgan
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: JoS. A. Banks
- Music: Band: Big Night Dynamite from Music Gardens
- Transportation: Rare Transportation