March 25, 2017
How We Met: Cooper and I (Elizabeth) met at the library during our freshmen year at Auburn. We spent most of the night talking about many shared memories of our fun summers growing up “among the pines” of Camp Mac instead of actually studying. He proposed a year after graduation at Town Creek Park in Auburn.
Favorite Moment: Swing dancing during our four years at Auburn (and still to this day) has always been our favorite thing to do together. Our first dance as husband and wife was so special! Cooper’s favorite was the first look. We exchanged letters, and I gave him a journal that I had been keeping for the past three years.
Favorite Details: Allison Banks Designs created a custom monogram for us that we used for the invitations, embroidered on pillows for the reception and more. My grandmother gave me her original diamond engagement ring, and I had Cummings Jewelry in Cahaba Heights take the diamond and create a custom setting for a necklace for me to wear on my wedding day. Sheri Arias taught me and my three siblings art growing up at Liberty Park Elementary and did a custom watercolor painting of our first dance during the reception.
We had a Jameson Whiskey bar that featured a custom bottle I brought back after I had a marketing internship in Dublin. It was labeled “F. Cooper Chesebro,” and my parents later got one with our hashtag “Cheers to the Chesebros” on the bottle. The McDaniel and Chesebro Mac and Cheese Bar featured three mac and cheeses and was a play off our last names. Reagan of ReaBakes made cookies with the Birmingham Rotary Trail sign for our welcome boxes; she and her husband Colin went to VHHS with me and her Colin was a groomsman.
- Venues: Vestavia Hills United Methodist Church, Vestavia Country Club
- Wedding Planner: M. Elizabeth Events
- Florist and Decor: Hothouse Design Studio
- Lighting: AG Lighting
- Cake: Barb’s Cakes
- Videographer: Main Street Productions
- Invitations: Allison R. Banks Designs
- Event Rentals: Event Rentals Unlimited
- Wedding Dress: Bella’s Bridal and Formal
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella’s Bridal and Formal
- Hair and Makeup: Jessica Tinsley, Beauty By Jess LLC
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr Burch Formal Wear
- Reception Music: City Heat Band through Music Garden
- Bagpipes: Kathleen Ryan
- Ceremony Soloist: Stacy Jolley
- Ceremony Organist: Dr. Rachel Julian
- Bridal Party Transportation: Rare Transportation
- Getaway Car: Larry’s Limos
- Live Event Painting: S.Arias Creates
- Italian Ice: Doodle’s Italian Ice